Tuesday, February 12, 2013

...I let the baby make her own Valentine's Day cards.

We have a toddler playgroup this week and the theme is Valentine's Day. The kiddo's will be having a little V-Day party with cupcakes and they were invited to bring little Valentines for each other. Knowing how talented this kid is, I decided to have her make them....well, I decided that WE would make them, since she can't work the computer or scissors yet!



What you'll need:
  • Black cardstock paper
  • White printer paper (to pre-print the inside)
  • Glue stick
  • Scissors
  • Paint (I used acryllic, but the talc type will show up well too!)
  • Stickers (to close the Valentine)
The Process:
  1. Let baby/toddler rub paint all over the black cardstock, then set it aside to dry. (the humidity of the paint may warp the cardstock a little, and that's fine. When it's all folded and complete you'll never be able to tell.)
  2. Find a cute, simple Valentine's quote or photo to put on the inside of your cards and print as many as you'll need. I used the Paint program to arrange my pictures and add wording, then copy/pasted them into Word to size them to take up the whole sheet. I did 4 cards per page and that size was perfect, and I ended up printing 12 on just 3 sheets of paper.
  3. Glue the inside to the blank side of the painted cardstock.
  4. Cut them apart, fold them in 3rds, and seal them with a sticker (or let baby/toddler put the stickers on if they're coordinated enough).

No comments:

Post a Comment